Kingdom Blue Holdings T/A Kingdom Blue , and its affiliates and subsidiaries (including regional entities operating under the Kingdom Blue® respect the privacy of our client families and website visitors in a manner that would be expected of a leading provider of funeral insurance, funeral services, short and Long term insurance and other related products and services. We value our relationships with existing and prospective clients (“you”), and recognize that an essential element of those relationships is the trust and confidence you place in us to serve you and your family especially during your time of need.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, or describes, directly or indirectly, a particular individual, such as: name, address, email address, phone number, Nationality, Age, Marital status, and identity number.
We Collect the following Information.
Through the Sites. We may collect and store the following Personal Information when you submit it through our Sites. We may use this information for typical business purposes (including auditing our interactions with our customers or website visitors, for internal reporting purposes, or security and anti-fraud purposes) and as described more specifically below:
- Personal Identifiers. We receive personal identifiers that you provide to us (such as your name, surname, phone numbers, email address, postal address, residential address, date of birth, Identification number , billing information , and use them to respond to your requests, to create new member policies at your request, to fulfill your requests such as removals of deceased and other services, or to communicate with you for marketing and informational purposes of which you can opt out of.
- Message Content. We collect the messages you submit to us through contact, sign-up or apply on the Sites, such as customer service requests, messages you would like us to provide to delivery recipients. We use this information to respond to and fulfill your requests, and to improve our Sites and our service and product offerings.
From other Businesses, Partners, Prospects and Clients.
We may receive some of the personal identifiers, message content, and information listed above from third-party business partners (such as Funerals, referrals, or insurance providers) related to your transactions with them that involve us providing you with products or services. The Sites may also permit you to log-in and connect to the Sites with your social media account (such as Facebook), and we collect profile information about you from that social media website that you have made publicly available. We use this profile information for the same purposes as when we receive the information directly from you, as described above.
Cookies and other Automatic Collection through the Sites.
Information We Collect at our Physical Offices and Other Locations, by Phone, and by Mail
We may collect and store the following Personal Information when you provide it to us at one of our funeral homes, branches, funeral trips, cemetery, marketing fields and other locations, over the phone, or by mail. We may use this information for typical business purposes (including reviewing our interactions with our customers or for internal reporting purposes) and as described more specifically below
- Personal Identifiers. We collect and maintain your personal identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, telephone number, address, date of birth, insurance policy number, your identity number and your signature) in order to provide you with the products and services you request from us or for marketing and informational purposes. If you are the next of kin of record of an at-need or pre-need contract beneficiary, we may collect your information so that we can contact you in order to obtain details we require, marketing purposes or to provide services with regard to your family member or relation and for other point of contact purposes.
- Financial Information. We may collect your bank account information when we assist with payments of your policies and debit order arrangements. We may collect your financial information from any contract with us that you sign, from processing or administering your financial transactions.
- Medical Information. In connection with insurance applications, we may collect pertinent health condition and medical history of the insured individual(s) to help facilitate a no-waiting period on funeral services offering. We collect this information by asking health related questions during application.
- For Reader Surveys, Research, Panels and Experience Programs: We gather information through questionnaires, surveys, and feedback programs. We also conduct similar research for advertisers. We ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate in these programs and events.
- Audio and Visual Information. At those locations where we employ surveillance cameras in public areas for security purposes, we may collect images of you for security and access control purposes.
- For Contests, draws and other Special Offers: When you sign up for these, you give us your name, email, and any other required information.
- During Contact with Our Call Centers: We collect information from you when you want to purchase our products or services over the phone or contact customer service through one of our numbers.
Retention of Personal Information We only keep information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and as permitted or required by law, such as to comply with recordkeeping and other legal obligations. There may also be residual information that will remain within our backup files, databases, and other records, which will not be removed or changed, except in accordance with retention policies.
Protecting Personal Information, we employ reasonable security measures to secure and protect the information we receive. Please remember, though, that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
Disclosure Policy We may provide affiliates and third parties with the Personal Information we collect (as described above) for our business purposes to assist us in providing products and services to you, including to process transactions, deliver products at your request, or to help us market products and services to you. We also disclose Personal Information as described below:
To Provide, Protect, and Improve Our Sites, Merchandise, and Services. We disclose Personal Information as necessary to operate our business, such as to third-party service providers and affiliates in connection with providing services to you or processing your transactions. For example, we may provide your name, telephone and address information complete a transaction you have requested or otherwise at your direction. We also may access, preserve, and disclose information if we believe that such action is necessary in our judgment to protect and defend our rights or property, or those of others. For example, we may provide information, including IP address information, to our service providers to protect the Sites, such as for fraud detection purposes.
To Comply with the Law and Legal Process. We may access, preserve, and disclose information concerning you if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary in our judgment to comply with a legal obligation.
You May Share with Social Networking Websites. The Sites may provide options allowing you to share information with social networking websites, such as Facebook. Their use of the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies, and we are not responsible for how they treat the information.
Certain jurisdictions impose specific legal requirements and grant privacy rights with respect to Personal Information, and we will comply with restrictions and any requests you submit as required by applicable law. For example, you may have the right to review, correct, and delete Personal Information we have about you, or to consent or withdraw consent to certain uses or sharing of Personal Information. You may be able to use the Sites to access and update the information that you have provided to us through your use of the Sites or otherwise. If you would like to request access to such information or that we update, correct, or delete any such information, please send an email to us at email@example.com
In South Africa, the right to privacy is protected in terms of both our common law and in sec 14 of the Constitution. The recognition and protection of the right to privacy as a fundamental human right in the Constitution provides an indication of its importance. The constitutional right to privacy is, like its common law counterpart, not an absolute right but may be limited in terms of law of general application and has to be balanced with other rights entrenched in the Constitution. In protecting a person’s personal information consideration should, therefore, also be given to competing interests such as the administering of national social programs, maintaining law and order, and protecting the rights, freedoms and interests of others, including the commercial interests of industry sectors such as banking, insurance, direct marketing, health care, pharmaceuticals and travel services.
When you make a request, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify your request and your jurisdiction before responding to your request. The verification steps we take may differ depending on your jurisdiction and the request you make. We will match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify your request.
We will respond to your request within the time period required by applicable law. However, we may not always be able to fully comply with your request, and we will notify you in that event.
Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
No Use by Children Under the Age of 18
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our Sites. If a parent or legal guardian posts an entry on behalf of a child under the age of 18 on an online application or other section of the Sites, the parent or legal guardian must indicate that such entry is being made on behalf of the child by the parent or legal guardian. Caution and good judgment should be used in connection with any information provided concerning the child. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If we believe that any information has been posted by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. Parents may contact us using the methods set forth on our contact details to request that information concerning their child be removed from our Sites.
Limitation of Liability.
in no event will kingdom blue be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including, without limitation, lost profit damages arising from your use of the kingdom blue services, even if kingdom blue has been advised of the possibility of such damages. notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, kingdom blues’ liability to you for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to kingdom blue for the kingdom blue services during the term of your use of the kingdom blue services.
How to Contact Us with Questions: Your questions, comments and feedback are very important to us. For privacy-related questions, contact us via email at: email@example.com , or call our 24/hr. hotline 087 153 4545:
70 Grayston Drive, Sandton
Johannesburg. South Africa